Bombay Veterinary College

The Bombay Veterinary College was initially housed in the vast compound of Bai Sakarbai Dinshaw Petit Hospital for Animals, Parel, Bombay which was established in 1883 by Sir D. M. Petit Baronet. Prof. J. H. Steel was assisted by three Indian Medical Officers and an European Farrier to conduct the teaching. But when trained Veterinary graduates became available in 1889, two of them, Prof. N. D. Dhakmarvala and Prof. Nariman were taken on the college staff and the medical officers were transferred.
 
Uncategorized

Comments are closed.