Date of Birth: 18/06/1971
Marital Status: Married
Qualification: B.V.Sc. & A.H.(1996), M.V.Sc. (1999) NET (2004). Ph.D (2013) DLL (2014)
Job Title: Deputy Director of Research and Additional Charge of Professor of Veterinary Parasitology, BVC, Mumbai;, Research Coordinator
Professional Experience: 18 years
- Research Assistant in Parasitology: 4 years
- Assistant Professor of Parasitology: 5 years
- Associate Professor of Parasitology/DDR : 9 years
- Professor of Parasitology: From November 2017
- Represented University in Avishkar Team Manager and Contingent In charge
- Participated in MAFSU University Avishkar selection committee
- Diploma in Labour Law( DLL)
- Nodal officer at BVC
- Secretary, Board of Studies, Veterinary Parasitology, MAFSU
- Paper setter & evaluator for no. of universities
- Recognized Guide for M.V.Sc.
- of M.V.Sc. students as co guide guided: 05
- Acted as Advisory Committee Member for Ph. D candidate of University
- Prepared multimedia courses and PPT for UG Parasitology courses on Veterinary Entomology and Veterinary Protozoology
- Prepared practical manuals for UG veterinary Parasitology courses
- Developed Distance Learning course on Diagnosis of Parasitic disease 3 Month duration-COL-MAFSU- ISNAR Project.
Research Project handled as Pi & Co PI:
- National ICAR ad-hoc research Scheme: 04
- Agency Schemes: 04
- of research Publications: 25
- Papers read at conferences: 12
- Lead papers in conferences: 03
- Popular Articles: 102
- Radio program :55
- TV program : 07
- Participated in No. of NSS camps/ Farmer’s rallies/ Exhibitions
- Invited as faculty to train Veterinary Sales Representatives/Resource person
- Lead Speaker on Farmer Exhibition on Scientific goat and dairy farming awareness among veterinarians
Established new pure breed units of different livestock Species as per MAFSU, mandates
- a) Khillar cattle unit,
- b) Sangamneri goat unit
- c) Decanni Sheep unit
- d) Pandharpuri Burralo Unit
- Life Member of Bombay Veterinary College Alumni Association, Mumbai
- Life Member of Indian Society for Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology
- Worked as Managing Committee Member of Veterinarians’ Association of Bombay Veterinary College
- Member of Sport committee, MAFSU
- Member of Joint ASRC Council, MAFSU
- Life member of “ IAAVR”
- Life member of “ NAARM”
- Life member of “ Pashudhan”
- Life member of “ Swetkranti”
- Life member of “ Tromby sheti- patrika”
- Life member of “ Baliraja”
- Annual subscriber of IVJ
- COL- MAFSU, ODL working group of parasitology
- Life Member of Bombay Veterinary College Alumni Association, Mumbai.
Novel Administrative Ability:
- Acted as an Expert on No. of Selection Committees.
- Invited as an Expert for ASRB Selection process
- Chaired and acted as Member on No. of administrative Committees at college and University levels
- Research Coordinator ofCollege for seven years
Workshop /Conferences / Farmer/ Industry training Organized: 2
- Actively involved in organizing National Congress of Veterinary Parasitology in 2011
- Organized Trainers training: 03
- Organized scientific training for industry for goat/Dairy farming: 27
- Organized &7 days skilled development training for tribal farmer: 03
Innovation in teaching, research and extension education activities:
- Use of Multimedia in Teaching / CD, Animated life cycle of parasite in U.G. Teaching.
- Developed 3 months distant learning modules on “Diagnosis of Parasitic Diseases” for field veterinarians for upgrading their technical knowledge. Prepared course on multimedia CD and user Manual through the project “Common Wealth of Learning/ International Services for National Agricultural Research and ” .
Technology Developed & Popularized:
- Preparation of Silage by use of bacterial culture in bags and plastic drums for acidification technique with hydraulic pressure for fastening the process of acidification for demonstration to farmers and undergraduate students.
- Used Smart Board and multimedia for teaching for Under graduateParasitology and Livestock farm practicals at farm and also for teaching tribal farmer.
- Established Azolla Production Technology for animal feeding at farm and demonstration unit for farmer training – azolla production adopted by the farmers of Maharashtra state as protein source as feed supplements to reduce cost of concentrate feeding during .
Developed Vermi composting production technology by best use of
Livestock waste management and farm yard for vermi composting to
enhance fertility and organic farming by livestock owners.
- Department of Parasitology, Bombay Veterinary College,
Parel, Mumbai 400 012;Phone- 022- 24132792/4131189 (Ext-139)
- Deputy Director of Research, Bombay Veterinary College, Goregaon East,
Mumbai – 400 065; Phone- 022-26856709